MPI has a long tradition of working with advisors to high net worth individuals, families and business owners who are addressing the valuation issues inherent in succession, liquidity and estate planning.
MPI has over 80 years of experience preparing business valuations for estate and gift tax planning and estate tax administration matters. MPI’s work product is used as the foundation for succession planning strategies implemented by advisors for numerous types of businesses and assets. MPI is also engaged for litigation support and expert witness testimony for business valuation matters in a litigation context. Our valuation conclusions are presented in comprehensive reports, which are well reasoned and easily understood by those with varying levels of valuation knowledge.
MPI has decades of experience presenting and defending its work product to IRS agents and engineers at the initial audit and appellate levels. Our valuation conclusions have withstood scrutiny under audit and been accepted as filed at a high rate, which has the effect of helping clients avoid the perils and costs of tax court or ongoing tax disputes with the IRS.
When needed, MPI’s senior professionals have appeared as expert witnesses in the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Court, U.S. Claims Court, state courts, domestic relations courts, before governmental agencies, and in arbitration tribunals.
Expert services provided to Attorneys and Advisors include:
- Estate and Gift Tax Valuations, and any supporting expert witness testimony
- Litigation Support for Family Law Attorneys (business valuation and other support services)
- Litigation Support for Corporate and Commercial Attorneys(business valuation and forensic accounting services)
- Litigation Support for Financial Attorneys
- Assisting Wealth Planners and Estate Planning Attorneys in determining appropriate planning methods for high net worth families